Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Purple

Looking around my house, I found almost none of it. When it appeared it was unassuming, easily forgotten. A bar of lavender soup. Tom's toothbrush.

Sue, my hand-me-down stroller has accents, as does Sena's bike. It shows up on the handle's of my Trader Joe's shopping bag.  But like so many people, I never choose purple.

So yesterday, when I bought the first of my porch plants in preparation of warmer weather, I passed over the yellows and the pinks, and brought home two pots of purple to greet me when I come home. 
the fence // abandoned toy // last days of decorative cabbage // on my girl //
 cluttered porch // that fence again // flotsam 

So now it's time to bid this project adeiu. I'm sad to see it go, and I'm eagar to imerse myself in some other photography project. It's easy for me to get caught in a cycle of seeing. What gets noticed. What gets ignored. I've enjoyed looking for something different.

Week 1: Red
Week 2: Yellow
Week 3: Pink
Week 4: Green
Week 5: Orange
Week 6: Blue


Project  from Hulaseventy and Xanthe Berkeley

No comments:

Post a Comment