Friday, January 1, 2016

Beginning in the Same Place We Ended

We started our year in the same place we ended our year. And truthfully, if 2016 is anything like 2015, I will be more than pleased.

Days on on wintry beach. Clear skies. Cold sand. Forts and sand encrusted sweaters. An evening full of good intentions and nursing babies. Tacos and a yoga class, thankfully not in that order.

I feel asleep an hour before the ball dropped. Woke up to the the mess that comes with an evening full of friends and their children.  We worked together to recycle bottles, roll up sleeping bags, put away toys. Made a breakfast with the previous meal's leftovers, improved with the addition of fried eggs and Trader Joe's hash browns.

I love new beginnings. I love the chance to begin again. To improve and dream and plan.

And tomorrow, with a good nights sleep hopefully wiping away some of the darkness lurking under my eyes, I will pour out my list of what I hope to make of this year. But if I don't, and if nothing changes, if all stays still for this next loop around the sun, I will welcome the next year with joy and gratitude. Because this is good. And I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment