Thursday, February 19, 2015

Snowy

I watch them from a distance. When I tried to head out with them, I wore myself out in moments. A short trudge around the yard left me in need of a nap. My mom assures me that my exhaustion is forgivable since I ran around this weekend. I'm not so sure, but I know that there is no sledding in store for me. So the rest of my snow break has mostly involved rereading Real Food For Mother and Baby and trying to catch up on laundry and cleaning. Trying to keep ahead of all the chores that will inevitably pile up when a little person requires hours and hours a day of sitting, a prospect that I don't find particularly unwelcome at the moment. 

I will never, ever take a snow day for granted. The slowness, the unexpected gift. There is no gift on earth as precious as time. Snow days creep along.  The light is bright and beautiful, and even when you only enjoy them from within warmish walls, their beauty soaks into you. 

This year Gus seems to have come to terms with cold weather discomfort. He complains less and stays out longer. While he has not yet reached Sena status for cold tolerance, he appears to be more at home in the wintry, white outdoors.

Today it's back to work, and a two hour delay makes the day just a bit easier. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh those lake scene colors are just dreamy! Hoping for some extra rest for you before that babe arrives!

    ReplyDelete