Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Favorite Resolution Ever

Can "have more fun" be a New Year's resolution? I sure hope so because it's what I'm picking. This year I am going to put on the record player to dance more often. And I'm going to say yes to parties, cookouts, and get togethers. I'm going to plan camping trips and hotel getaways. I'm going to swim with the kids more often than I stand on the shore.
I always enjoy the years I have babies more than the years that I incubate them, so I'm pretty optimistic that I can make it happen. The only problem could be that Tom claims his resolution is to have a year of "vigorous self-denial," so that could make for some conflict. 

Happiest New Year. 

5 comments:

  1. The determination to have more fun this year sounds wonderful, and a great antidote to difficult times in the past. I guess it might only be a problem if Tom's vigorous self-denial includes not having any fun! Even so, you might discover all the fun there is to be had on one's own - cheering you on quietly :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New YEar, Alexa. Hope it finds you well.

      Delete
  2. Well it sounds like you've got yourself a designated driver for all of 2015! (With my luck I'm stepping on toes by making drinking references, so if you don't drink then someone has TWO designated drivers for all of 2015!) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't you worry. You aren't stepping on our toes. And I'm about ready to be not pregnant and to have him take a turn at being DD, vigorous self denial or not.

      Delete
  3. haha!!!! best conflicting husband wife resolutions ever! you guys sound like us. darin will be all, "You really have to stop buying so much ice cream." right as I am saying, "I've decided I deserve a treat every day."
    Also, these pictures are GOLDEN.

    ReplyDelete