Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Inside

Looking through recent photos would make it appear that we are almost never in our house. Life outside the walls is certainly more photogenic, and I am happy to pretend that we spend most of our minutes in the dabbled sunlight of our yard or in the brighter beams of the beach we have come to consider our own.

But our truth is that we spend plenty of time on the inside and these moments are full of just as much goodness as those baptized in fresh air. And I don't want to forget them.

I don't want to forget the hours that Sena spends playing with her dolls and the times that Arlo comes in to join her.

I don't want to forget the way Gus hardly knows how to entertain himself inside without the aid of pixelated images and snacks.

I don't want to forget my littlest boy, asleep asleep on my bed as the afternoon light bursts through, dreaming dreams I will never know about.


No comments:

Post a Comment