Sunday, March 2, 2014

This Weekend We- Tried to Lay Low

This weekend we canceled our plans to go to Albany for the baptism of my godson. Writing "my godson" is sort of amazing. I have never been an aunt or a god mother. To say I am honored to be Dwyer's god mother is an an incredible understatement. But after weeks of sickness after sickness, we couldn't make the trip. Too contagious and too desperate for rest and home remedies.

And so I made plans to bake bread and watch movies and maybe form some air drying pots for house plants I don't need.

But Tom had other plans, and he tore out are disgusting wall to wall carpet. In between neti pots and detox baths and Sudafed when the natural stuff just wasn't cutting it, I helped pull staples and run the shop vac. Not quite as relaxing as I had hoped for.







And so now my house is in complete chaos, and we don't know what direction this home renovation is going to take. The couch is in the middle of the living room, and Gus is skate boarding through the insanity. Another snow storm is headed our way, and I doubt I'll be going to work for the next couple of days. 

Maybe I'll bake that bread after all. 

And make a cocktail and watch some Downtown Abbey and pray that this terrible winter is on its way out.

2 comments:

  1. Look at all of that WOOD!!!! I can't wait to see it in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's wood but I'm not sure if it qualifies as a floor, is the problem.

    ReplyDelete