Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Starting With A Splash

The first day of every year, we walk down the North Beach Boardwalk and watch while folks, either brave or crazy, plunge into the Chesapeake. Usually Tom will join in if there is anyone in our crew who wants to participate. And this year I watched two of my sisters, a friend, a cousin, my husband and several hundred others run into the wind turned water. And I was jealous for a moment that I hadn't joined them, hadn't participated in the baptism.

For Molly and Brittany, I think 2014 is going to be an amazing year of growth and change and I am so excited to see where it leads them, and to cheer them on with my whole heart.




For me, this is going to be my year of unprecedented health and happiness. I can just feel it, but I am also willing to work for it.
I don't see huge changes on my horizon, but I see joy and thanksgiving and energy and enthusiasm. This is a year I will be mindful- mindful of how I treat my body, how I spend my money, how I mother my children, how I nurture my marriage.
I want to focus on goals, large and small, each and every month, and I want to stand on North Beach on the first day of 2015 with Molly and Brittany feeling accomplished and full of gladness and so damn proud of those two. I am excited for what this year holds.

1 comment:

  1. what a fun tradition, what lovely sisters. next year you gotta plunge on in....although i don't know if i could do it!

    ReplyDelete