Friday, November 1, 2013

Goin'

I'm packing my bags and I'm headed to the big city for a weekend spent with my best friend, doing some of my favorite things, in celebration of her birthday. And I am excited.
I am excited to go to bars and talk to strangers. And I am excited to dance so much that my legs feel wobbly underneath me. And I am excited to eat delicious food and drink too much and to laugh and laugh and laugh.
But in order to do these things that I love, I have got to leave some people I love, my little people. Because sometimes the things you love are mutually exclusive. Babies in bars aren't cool.
So this weekend my mama will wake to comfort my little boy while I ride the subway. This weekend my dad will read to Sena while I calculate the tip on our tap. This weekend someone else will kiss Gus when he hurts himself while I walk without a sling or a stroller.
And I'll miss them. And I'll be glad to come home, but while I'm gone, I'm gonna live it up.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're gonna have a great time! hope you enjoy yourself! i just found your blog & happy that I did :)

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm glad you did too! it was great. friends and the cit-ay are the best.

      Delete