Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Autumn Outside

The weather is changing, and the dark sets in early.
I can feel bits of sadness creeping in. I miss summer.
And so I'm doing the things I know to do to keep my spirits flying just a little higher. 
I'm trying to make myself go outside, even if it's cold, even if it's dark. 
The fresh air feels good. The exercise, as little as it may be, keeps me happier.
This weekend we made a giant leaf pile. 
Sena loved it. Gus immediately jumped on a stick and declared it a bust.





The next night Sena, Arlo, and I bundled up for a nighttime walk. Arlo fell fast asleep in his sling. 
Sena held my hand and told me storeis of her American Girl dolls. 
Our house felt a little warmer when we came back inside.  


1 comment:

  1. Awww! What fun :) Beautiful children and photos of them. Fall is a great time of year, even though I'm always sad to see summer go, it's nice to welcome cooler weather, yummy foods and fun activities!

    xox, amber
    http://wheretheresdesign.com

    ReplyDelete