Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Playwright in Training

I always hoped that I would inspire my kids, that I would help to form them into thinkers, doers, artists. 
But this girl of mine inspires me more than I could ever hope to inspire her. 

She is ready to be an artist, a writer, a fashion designer, a chef, an interior decorator.
 She begs me to take her to museums and new restaurants. 
She dreams of vacations to Alaska and Brazil.
She is ready to try her hand at any medium.

This week it was a play for a children's play writing competition put on by our local community theater. 
She worked hard and Tom helped her format and edit.
Then they read it through together to make it perfect. 



Afterwards Sena posted notes all over my parent's house asking everyone to remind her when it is May 30th, so she can find out if she won or not.  

She reminds me to try new things and to get excited.

If she wins, we're having a party.
If she doesn't, we're having a party.
I think this girl deserves one. 

2 comments:

  1. Omg, she is too adorable. I can't remember me being that mature and creative at that age. I would love to read her play! Good luck to her :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabrina, thank you so much for always being so encouraging. It means so much to me (and to Sena.)

      Delete