Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Birthday for a Boy







Some years I want to pull out all the stops for the kids' birthdays. 
Some years I want homemade decorations and the perfect craft. 
I want piles of homemade edibles and party games no one has ever played before.

Some years I don't.
 This year, I didn't.
I sent Tom and Gus to go buy supplies. 
Gus came home with Spiderman bags, Sponge Bob plates, and Jake and the Neverland Pirate cups. When I accused them of not picking a theme, 
Gus informed me that there was one "awesome." 
And it was awesome. Well done, Gus. 

There were donuts and ballons. There were kids running up and down stairs.
There was painting; Gus told his friend's he was painting a picture just like the one Van Gogh painted before he shot himself because he was really angry.

And there was my toothless little boy who is less little everyday.

2 comments:

  1. We just had a birthday party ourselves and I can totally relate to wanting to keep it simple and easy!

    Happy birthday to your little boy "who is less little everyday." (love that description)

    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donuts AND painting? Now that's my kind of party! Looks like he had a blast! Happy Birthday, buddy!

    ReplyDelete